need a 100K-Megaohm resistor (100 Giga-Ohm)

Alex [Temple Boatanchors] temple.boatanchors at MIWWW.COM
Thu Aug 10 12:33:55 EDT 2006

At 11:22 AM 8/10/2006, you wrote:
>>  Also a couple of days back on ebay I bought a 5-pack of NIB/NOS
>> 5886 GE electrometer tubes for about $12, shipping included.
>
>     If you check those and they are fine you may have a fortune
> there. There is a commonly used helium leak detector that are still
> used with that tube in the mass spec. Helium detector. The rest of
> the leak detector is fancy solid state stuff but that part still
> uses a tube because of arc discharges that happen from time to time.

Bill, the 5886 tube does come up quite often on ebay, and that was
one of the reasons I decided to go ahead with the project. Most of
the time they are offered at similar prices too like the ones I
bought, and sometimes a bit more (up to ~$15-30 per tube), but then
again, like you say they are only worth something IF they are fine.

Since I'm getting a socket for them with the parts of the Radiation
Tester, luckily I'll be able to test them individually.

-Alex