OPPOSE RM-11306

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Sun Feb 5 18:01:41 EST 2006

Guys please read this. My greatest concern with the absurd
ARRL Proposal RM-11306 is not just about the AM restrictions
but ALSO about the annoying WINLINK PACTOR robot stations
that are already devastating communications on the CW and
digital sub-bands, being allowed to then spread their trash all
over the phone bands too. I am not against digital on HF.

This is a very important issue and one of ARRL's worst blunders
in our lifetime. Please distribute this note widely:

= = =

I am writing to make sure you know about a Petition the FCC
is considering that would apply restrictions to AM that we
have never faced before. Please take the time to read the
Petition, which can be seen at the link below.

I personally want to ask you to file a formal COMMENT in
opposition to
it. There is an internet-based system the FCC uses to accept
comments,
but it's cumbersome, so I am stepping forward to take your
comments as
an email and file them on your behalf, under your name, callsign
and
callbook address.

This is a very serious matter for our part of the hobby, and a strong
turnout in opposition will influence the FCC's ultimate decision
whether
to allow or reject the Petition. Would you please also reply to this,
to let me know that you will help?

All we need is a reason why you oppose this Petition. I am certain
you
will find several points to comment on. Pick as many as you can
spare
the time to fight against in your response.

After I file it in the FCC database, I will reply to you with the FCC
confirmation number as your record of having participated. All of us
will really appreciate anything you can say.

Here are the links if you wish to file on your own behalf.

To observe comments:

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/comsrch_v2.cgi

In the proceeding box just type in the RM number your are
interested
in.

'and this link for filing your comments:

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/upload_v2.cgi

When referring to 11306 you must type it in as   RM-11306

If you do not understand the system or feel uncomfortable with the
filing site please fire off your comments to - - - -

 stoprm11306 at amfone.net. .

Include your comments,  a paragraph or two and your legal name,
address
with your call as listed in the QRZ Database. I will file your
comments
for you.

In my opinion there is something more important going on that we
all
must take action on. We (the amateur community)  have been left
out of
the decisoin making process. Whether we are pro or con on the
proposals
we need to show that we have concerns and this can only be
accomplished
thru numbers of participation.

Considering the time and money we put into our hobby we need to
take
just 5 minutes of our time and send a message to the ARRL and
the FCC.

It is time to take back our hobby and the only way this will happen
is
to show those that are dictating our direction that we are part of the
process and will except nothing less.

Regards,
Gary/W2INR

http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php