GB> RM-11306 COMMENTS TALLY!

john johnmb at NC.RR.COM
Sun Feb 19 09:44:26 EST 2006

At 09:15 AM 2/19/2006, N2EY at aol.com wrote:

>What puzzles me most is that FCC allowed such a short time (30 days) for
>comments. Either proposal would result in major changes to the rules, yet
>such a short time was allowed for commentary that I'm quite concerned. I
>don't recall any recent RM-xxxxx involving amateur radio having such a
>short time for coments - and these were two related proposals.
>
>Could FCC be telling us something?

Yes, but I suspect it's nothing new.

We're (amateur radio) a non-revenue producing pain in the backside that
they'd rather not have to deal with. They've probably already got their
minds made up (like usual) and are just going through the public comment
period as a formality (as usual), even as they already know how they're
going to rule (as usual).

John K5MO