[FLBOATANCHORS] RM-11306 COMMENTS TALLY!

LM Picard lmpicard at ALLSTREAM.NET
Sun Feb 19 17:26:07 EST 2006

The ARRL should address the issue of HF band plans in a realistic
fashion.  I suggest that they monitor actual usage of the HF bands and
re-apportion them according to need.

It appears to me that voice modes are the most popular and this includes
AM.  AM is never again going to be in widespread use and a small segment
set aside for its use will not harm anyone.

Technology has come a long way and digital modes can be accomplished
with less band occupancy than in the past.  Fair and appropriate
re-allocation of the HF bands favoring voice modes is needed.

The rule that comms should be carried out with the least amount of
bandwidth required (for any given mode) should be more strictly enforced.