TVI filters FS

Ken Simpson, W8EK W8EK at SPEAKEASY.NET
Wed Jan 4 19:13:18 EST 2006

Low Pass TVI filters For Sale:

Drake TV-3300-LP Low Pass Filter
This is a modern low pass filter to go between your
transmitter and antenna, and has been optimized to
have more attenuation in the 40 MHz region, where
many TVs have their IF.  According to the manual it is
good for 1000 Watts "average", which would be about
2000 watts PEP, and has over 80 db attenuation at
41 MHz.  SO-239 connectors on each end. This one
looks close to new, and also has the single page
"manual" with it.  $ 30

Johnson Nye Viking 250-20 Low Pass Filter
This is a 52 ohm cylindrical low pass filter with a cut
off frequency of 45 MHz and 75 db of attenuation.
It is rated to take 1000 Watts of AM, or 5000 Watts
PEP SSB.  It has SO-239 connectors on each end.
$30.

Nye Viking Low Pass Filter Model 020-001
Eliminate the harmonics going out your feed line,
and reduce TVI.  It is rated at 2000 watts, with
over 65 db of attenuation above 57 MHz.  $30.

Drake TV-1000-LP Low pass filter
This is the filter that is in the copper case, and may also
be used on the low end of six meters, as well as HF.  It is
a 50 ohm filter and is good for 1000 W AM below 30 MHz
(which would be over 3000 Watts PEP SSB), and
about 200 W up to 52 MHz.  With paper work for $ 30

Drake TV-5240-LP low pass filter
This number is correct; it is not a TV-5200.  This filter is
different than the typical low pass filter.  It has an SO-239
connector on each end, but instead of being long and skinny,
the enclosure is about 5 inches square.  I think this is a
fairly old filter.  It has brownish/gray paint over the copper
colored case.  I have not been able to find any specs on
this filter.  It does say "For use in 52 ohm line of transmitters
operating below 30 Mc." printed on it.  $30

Alinco ELP-60 D LX low pass filter
For 50 ohm systems, with up to 500 watts of power.
This one has an SO-239 on one end, and about a 2 foot
length of coax and PL-259 on the other end.  $30

Drake TV-100-LP low pass filter
This is for lower power -- up to 100 watts AM.
It has the copper case. It is approaching antique status,
as I would guess it must be 30 years old, but still works
fine. Basically it is the same as the TV-1000-LP above,
but with one tenth of the power ratings.  $ 15

Ameco LN-2 low pass filter
This filter is rated at 100 Watts, with an SO-239
connector on each end.  $12

High Pass TVI filter for the TV set:
Drake TV-300-HP
High Pass filter for the TV for 300 ohm twin lead.
This filter is collectable, and is unused as best I can
determine. It is still in its original box (not the newer
blister pack), with an "RLD" logo on it, and says
"NEW TV-300 HP High Pass Filter, Attenuates
0-52 MHz".  A grounding strap is also attached.  $ 15

Prices do not include shipping from Florida.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK

Ken Simpson