GB> Re: Amplitude Modulation in Central Florida

Peter A Markavage pmarkavage at JUNO.COM
Sat Jan 7 20:17:47 EST 2006

Don't hams call CQ anymore????? We should all have a "rough" idea where
the AM calling Frequencies are located. There aren't that many. If you
don't hear anyone on or near the AM calling frequency (your receiver
tuning dial can't be that big) just get on and call CQ. Why in the world
does there have to be some specific meet time just to make an AM contact.
And remember, SSB stations will talk to AM'ers. They just think you have
too much carrier showing.

Pete, wa2cwa