TenTec Triton IV 544 6-PIn Power Pin-Out?

Al Parker anchor at EC.RR.COM
Fri Jan 13 15:51:16 EST 2006

Doc,
    The power connector is a 6-pin Jones type.  4 pins are grouped
together towards one end, the other 2 pins are separated by more space, at
the other end.  The " slightly off center" 2 pins are in parallel, to
ground.  The 2 pins closest to them, in parallel, are the 12vdc.  The 2 at
the far end are connected to the power on switch.  I hope that's clearer
than mud.  Sometime later they went to the molex type, for the Omni's,
don't think any of the Tritons got it.
    The Triton IV is a neat radio.  I bought one new in about 1976, it was
my only rig for 5-6 yrs, I operated a lot of CW, got DXCC with it.  Bought
one a few no.s ago that needed some minor attn, I've been using it daily
on CW to re-live the early days, it's still neat.  If you want to do CW it
will benefit greatly from the optional CW filter, probably most buyers
bought it with the rig, but check.
    The mike jack is a std 2-ckt 1/4" stereo jack, usual connections.
73,
Al, W8UT
New Bern, NC
BoatAnchors appreciated here