Gonset G77 PS Modulation Transformer?

kd4e kd4e at VERIZON.NET
Tue Jan 17 00:24:27 EST 2006

Several Hams have e-mailed to state their need for the
spare G77 and matching Mod/PS I mentioned in a prior
post.  Seems there are many fond nostalgic memories
out there!

On the wise counsel of several Hams I am only willing
to relinquish the backup Mod/PS if someone can find me
a spare modulation transformer in case the one in the
Mod/PS I am keeping should fail.  (I do not yet know
the specs of that transformer.)

[I had to deal with a Morrow once with a bad modulation
transformer and never found one. Not going there again!]

To answer a twice-asked question the spare Mod/PS is the
DC-only model.  No AC cheat cord pins or switch on the
side.  Otherwise clean.

The G77 may become available as soon as I am able to
re-create the cables lost by the former owner, acquire
an appropriate high-impedance brushed chrome hand mic
(Turner I am told) and test the one I am keeping.

I suppose it is a risk letting go of parts sources but
I hate to hoard when other Hams really like these rigs
and are trying to complete mobile or shack stations.

I hope to take some good pictures tomorrow and to post
them.

Note: I was going to scan and post the manuals and
schematics for these but someone already posted them
on the BAMA site.

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e

            |_|___|_|
            | | & | |