WTB: Globe Chief Deluxe Parts

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jan 26 19:31:49 EST 2006

Are you sure that the Globe Chief Deluxe uses a 9-pin
accessory socket?

The SM-90 screen modulator has a normal 8-pin
connector and it was made to plug into the Globe Chief
90, Globe Chief 90A, and Globe Chief Deluxe.

The manual for the Globe Chief Deluxe is not on BAMA
but the manual for the Globe Scout Deluxe is and it
uses a normal 8-pin octal socket.  I believe that the
Globe Chief Deluxe uses the same socket.

You can run a little more cathode current but remember
that the power supply wasn't designed for much more.
I have run up to about 250 mA on my Globe Chief 90A at
times.  However, the additional power doesn't make a
hill of beans difference on the other end and all that
you are doing is putting a strain on your power supply
in the Globe Chief Deluxe.

Glen, K9STH

--- "Alan W. Fremmer" <AWFremmer at AOL.COM> wrote:

Could use a couple or three 9 pin octal-style plugs so
the transmitter  could be used with a VFO and/or AM
operation.  Could use a function switch  as well.
Also, although this is a reach, if anyone has the
Globe screen or plate modulators they would like to
sell, I'm ready to discuss terms.

Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth