Viking I

Al Parker anchor at EC.RR.COM
Tue Jul 4 07:40:44 EDT 2006

Hi Gary,
    I'm in the same stiuation, my cabinet looks like it's been thru a
fire, much paint gone, what's left is a cruddy black.  Not enough to get a
scan, and the Sherwin-Williams store here is useless if I had a sample.
Have had some luck elsewhere tho'.  (Being aluminum, I'm pretty sure it
didn't get burned, no melting.  It just looks cruddy.)
    Pse let me know if you come up with something.
73,
Al, W8UT
New Bern, NC
BoatAnchors appreciated here
http://www.boatanchors.org
http://www.hammarlund.info

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary K7OX" <k7ox at MSN.COM>
To: <BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 7:20 PM
Subject: [BOATANCHORS-TEMPE] Viking I

I have just recently acquired a Viking I and need to redo the cabinet.  Is
there anybody out there who knows the correct paint formula ?  The dark
almost black color on the cabinet is different then the color of the
Viking II cabinet.  The front panel is in decent shape and just need to
touch up around the mounting holes.  Any suggestions as to the correct
color on the front panel ?  Appreciate and comments/suggestions on the
repainting of the cabinet. Thanks.

73 Gary