removing smoke stains

Richard Arland, K7SZ richard.arland at VERIZON.NET
Sun Jul 16 20:25:11 EDT 2006

I second Al's procedure. Spent a bunch of time trying to cut the nicotine
and tar stains on several older rigs and the DP detergend and/or Murphy's
works wonders. Just take your time and try it on a portion of the radio that
you can't see should something go grossly wrong with your procedure.

ALSO: KEEP THE SOAP/MURPHY'S AWAY FROM ANY GLASS DIALS THAT HAVE THE DIAL
MARKINGS PAINTED ON. I ruined a Halli S-51 by getting soapy water on the
back side of the dial and watched in horror as the dial markings disappeared
right before my cute little green eyes!! Man, was I pissed!!

73 Rich K7SZ