It's Official!!

Richard Arland, K7SZ richard.arland at VERIZON.NET
Sat Jul 22 00:01:16 EDT 2006

FINALLY! The FCC decided to grant my application for change of callsign. As of today (Friday, July 21, 2006) the K7SZ call is officially retired.

My new call is W3OSS.

This change is a direct result of the old adage that men do strange things when they have a birthday that ends in a "Zero". Alas, I turned 60 in March, and it was 10 years ago that I traded in my old K7YHA call that I had since first being licensed in the 1960s for the K7SZ callsign.

Now I have to get new QSL cards...not that I ever send any out.

73

Rich W3OSS