PRC-64 Battery Pack - need low power regulator

Richard Arland, W3OSS richard.arland at VERIZON.NET
Wed Jul 26 19:50:45 EDT 2006

The batteries from ZBattery finally arrived and they are a nice fit for the PRC-64 battery holder. I need to drop one 12V SLA stick output down to 4VDC to supply the receiver.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an adjustable low power voltage regulator that will provide a 4V regulated DC output from one of the 12V SLA sticks?

Some folks have used series diodes, zeners, and of course there is the wonderfully quaint dropping resistor. I'd hoped to be able to provide a little more elegent solution to the problem of getting 4V DC for the receiver on the 64.

Suggestions?

VY 73

Rich Arland, W3OSS