FS: REALISTIC DX150 and DX160 RECEIVERS

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Thu Jun 1 09:44:18 EDT 2006

FOR SALE:

REALISTIC DX150 and DX160 SHORTWAVE RECEIVERS.

This is a general coverage Shortwave and AM band
receiver covering
535 kHz to 30 MHz in several bands, with
bandspread tuning for the
ham bands etc. Single conversion design produces
extra clean signals.

The DX160 model includes the 150-400 kHz LF
(longwave) band.
The DX150 does not. Made in Japan 1975-1980,
Voltages: 120 V AC OR 12 VDC.
Coverage: 150-30000 kHz Readout: Analog,  Modes:
AM, SSB & CW,
Selectivity 4 kHz, Single Conversion Superhet.
Bands: 150 - 400 kHz,
535 - 1600 kHz,  1550 - 4500 kHz,  4.5 - 13 MHz,
and 13 - 30 MHz.
Bandspread bands: 3.5-4,   7-7.3,  14-14.35,  21-
21.4 and
28-29.7 MHz plus CB channels 1-23. Headphone jack,
S-Meter,  Mute Line
ANL,  Dial Lamp,  Standby,  Bandspread,  Antenna
Trimmer, AVC.
New Price: $160 Used Price: $90 - 145
Dimensions:  14.5" wide  X  6" high  X  9" deep.

I have several of these receivers available for
sale.  Three are DX150 models.
The rest are all DX160 models. Some of them have
all of the original knobs.
Some have one or two that are different. All of
the receivers are being sold
as-is. They are complete unless otherwise noted.
At this point they are all
untested and might work fine. Most of these need a
new AC line cord.
The antenna connections have all been changed to
BNC receptacles but that is
no big deal and it's very easy to change one of
these to an SO-239 if desired.
Some of these may have an extra sticker or two.

Most of these sets look a little used, and show
some wear, but they would
be great for a restoration project or to use as is
if you are not looking for
a collector's model, beauty queen receiver.

First come, first served means you will get the
best choice up front if you
buy now. I do not know if they work. I have not
tested them,but since they
were all removed from service from an active
company when they were shut down,
there is good reason to think that most of them
work fine as-is. If you want
them tested, then the price is going to go up a
little, naturally.

These sets typical sell used in the range  of
$95.00 to $125.00.

I have ONE with no case for $25.00 plus shipping.
I have one with a slightly dented case for $30.00
plus shipping.
The others are all available for $45.00 each plus
shipping.

Pictures and details at:
http://www.af4k.com/radios.htm