Need some hints for removing stubborn knobs plus some ideas for relettering S-40B front panel

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Sat Jun 3 18:55:17 EDT 2006

> Another approach is the use of an "Easy-Out" used primarily by the 
> automotive guys.  Essentially a hardened "left-hand" coarse threaded, 
> tapered thingy that can be jammed into a hole drilled into a broken 
> bolt.  They are available in smaller sizes and will often work on a 
> rounded hex or Bristol screw.

I am not too smart - how does that get a knob off a shaft?

This list is a public service of the City of Tempe, Arizona

Subscription control -
Archives -

More information about the Boatanchors mailing list