What Companion Receiver to CE 20A?

WF2U wf2u at STARBAND.NET
Mon Jun 5 12:39:22 EDT 2006

I got a CE-20A and the matching CE factory BC-458 conversion VFO fairly
recently. I'm matching it up with the Drake 2-B/2-BQ receiver. It'll make a
nice, compact, low-power vintage SSB/CW station, with an excellent receiver
which will come in handy when using a relatively low power transmitter.

Someone mentioned a Collins 75A* series receivers - well, the Drake 2-B
outperforms the famous 75A4. True, the construction is not as robust and
impressive as the Collins stuff, but the performance is!

I usually go over QST issues of the approximate vintage of the equipment I'm
setting up, and there'd be plenty of photos there depicting typical stations
of that vintage.

73, Meir WF2U
Landrum, SC