[Boatanchors] Testing a BA PS?

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 3 09:17:23 EST 2006

On 3/2/06, doc <kd4e at verizon.net> wrote:
> I was told that if the 6DQ6A's lit up then it
> was probable that the power transformer was
> intact.

doc -

I'm not at all familiar with the Gonset power supply you're speaking
of, but it's possible that tube filaments could light and the main
transformer could still be "bad". Sometimes a separate transformer is
used for the filaments only, other times it can be a filament winding
on the main transformer with other windings for other circuits. So,
having the filaments light doesn't necessarily imply that all is well.

Again, I'm not familiar with that supply specifically (I do have the
receiver, but never got around to locating all of the other pieces).
Maybe it has just one big, happy winding for everything? (o:

de Todd/'Boomer' KA1KAQ