FS: WRL, National, Heathkit, Trio-Kenwood and More

David Hollander n7rk at COX.NET
Mon Mar 13 10:50:42 EST 2006

Here are some items for sale.  Prices do not include shipping.  I will
ship overseas.

WRL Globe Sidebander DSB-100 Transmitter.........$175 plus shipping
This is a 9 tube, 80-10 meter, AM, DSB and CW unit. Input power is 100
watts PEP DSB, 50 watts CW and 40 watts AM. These were available in 1958
and 1958. Pretty good shape cosmetically. It has the correct knobs,
meter and a clean front panel. The back side has a small cut out the
metal above the antenna jack and a few small holes in the back of the
cabinet. The cabinet has a few small blemishes on the top.  Power
transformer is OK, otherwise untested
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/wrl_dsb100.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/wrl_dsb1002.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/wrl_dsb1003.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/wrl_dsb1007.JPG

Trio Kenwood TS-510D Transceiver & PS-510D Power Supply....$275 plus
shipping
Rare early Japanese boatanchor transceiver that looks good but needs
work. This is an 80-10 meter transceiver that will operate SSB and CW.
Input power is 160 watts using a pair of 6146's. The radio has 14 tubes,
2 FET's, 13 transistors and 29 diodes. The receiver does work but after
about 10 minutes the signals cut out with the audio remaining. I did
listen to signals on 80, 40 and 20 meters on both upper and lower
sideband. The transmitter does not work. The main tuning is very smooth
with no backlash. The radio looks pretty good. It does have some
scratches and scuffs. The panel is very clean and has all of the correct
knobs. Their are no extra holes and I am not aware of any mods. Insides
need a good cleaning. Includes a photocopy of the manual and the
connecting cable that goes between the power supply and the transceiver.
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/ts510.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/ts5107.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/ts5108.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/ts51093.JPG

Heathkit SB-610 Monitor Scope..........$130 plus shipping
Clean working unit with a photocopy of the manual.
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/sb610.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx5/sb6104.JPG

Rare” National Radio NC-45.............$175 plus shipping
This is an 8 tube receiver made from 1941-1945 covering 550 kHz to 30
MHz. Most models made were made the NC-45 which is an ac/dc receiver.
The NC-45A has a transformer operated power supply. This radio does work
and receives signals on all bands but it really need to be recapped and
aligned. Cosmetically OK but also needs to be cleaned up. It has all of
the correct knobs and I do not find any extra holes.  The insides look
OK but also need to be cleaned up. One interesting thing that I noticed
is that the main tuning and bandspread knobs are both weighted, rather
heavy and appear to have come from the factory that way. I do not have a
manual but they are available from several sources on the web. I will
include a schematic.
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/nc45rcvr.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/nc45rcvr4.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/nc45rcvr6.JPG

Huge 100 uH Roller Inductor (Roller Coil).....$90 plus shipping
This measures 100 uH max. This also has a rotary switch with large
contacts to switch in extra capacitance or inductance. Dimensions are 14
inches long x 7.5 inches wide and 8.5 inches high.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/big_rollercoil.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/big_rollercoil4.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/big_rollercoil3.JPG

Sylvania Electric Type 134 Polymeter VTVM...$20 plus shipping
The unit is working but needs calibration on the resistance scales. It
has the capability of measuring RF voltage. It does not include test
leads or a manual. Manuals are available from a number of sources on the
Internet.
http://members.cox.net/radiostuff9/sylvania_vtvm.JPG

Jackson Model 640 Signal Generator....$40 plus shipping
I have two of these units. This is a well built, internally shielded
signal generator that covers 100 kHz to 38 MHz in six bands. This unit
will put out an internally modulated signal as well as a CW signal. It
also has switchable output levels and adjustable output. Both units work
well. I opened the units up, de-oxed all of the switches and tested all
tubes.
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/jackson_siggen.JPG

Allied Knight Meter - new in the box..............$15 plus shipping
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/knight_meter.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/knight_meter2.JPG

Emico 0-30 mA Meter new in the box........$10 plus shipping
Used on some boatanchor transmitters
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/emico0_30.JPG

Emico 0-50 mA Meter new in the box........$10 plus shipping
Used on some boatanchor transmitters
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/emico0_50.JPG

Emico 0-100 mA Meter new in the box........$10 plus shipping
Used on some boatanchor transmitters
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/emico0_100.JPG

Realistic DX-440 AM FM Short Wave Portable Receiver...$90 plus shipping
A real nice DX-440 All Band Portable Receiver with the original box and
the instruction manual. This is the same receiver as the Sangean
ATS-803A. The receiver has been well cared for an is in excellent
condition. This model has a BFO which will allow you to listen to single
sideband and CW stations as well as AM short-wave. The radio works well.
Includes a set of batteries.
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/dx440.JPG
http://members.cox.net/radiodx3/dx4403.JPG

73 and thanks for looking.