STRAIGHT KEY CENTURY CLUB

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Sun Mar 26 06:09:14 EST 2006

ENJOY CW?

Here's a neat group I just joined.
Maybe some of you will like it too!

I own two cstright ketys and I want to put them to use, so
here goes:

JOHN MARSHALL KU4AF wrote:

I haven't done much contesting lately so "normal" QSO's are what's
normal for me.  For the last few weeks I've been enjoying the Straight
Key Century Club which seems to be re-colonizing the Novice bands
around 3720 and 7120 (among other places, http://skccgroup.com/ for
more info).  I've dusted off my old Speed-X and married it to my DX-60B
and Drake 2B and started working others who are nostalgic for slow,
ragged CW and casual QSO's.  Of course, most of those I meet are
running solid-state rice- or grits-boxes but last night I had a great
chat with old friend Sam, W5WAX, with his EFJ Valiant, 75A-4, and
McElroy hand pump.  It was great nostalgia for me since Sam provided my
first 2 meter E-skip contact back in 1979, when I lived in NH and
worked mostly weak signal VHF/UHF (everybody said I had a weak signal).
  I should mention I was younger then, cuz after all, that's what we're
really nostalgic for.

And here I am, still awake, and the band is as quiet as Mike says.
Maybe I'll fall asleep when it gets active...

John, KU4AF
Pittsboro, NC

http://skccgroup.com/