[Boatanchors] If you use telefonica.es as an ISP, PLEASE READTHIS !

J. Forster jfor at QUIK.COM
Wed May 10 17:44:54 EDT 2006

jeff wrote:

> J. Forster wrote:
> > For SEVERAL MONTHS I have been getting pairs of virus spams several times a
> > week. They ALL have come from a user at telefonica.es in Spain. Someone on one
> > of the above lists has a worm or virus on their machines. Telefonica.es has been
> > utterly unresponsive and the problem continues.
> >

> you have a better chance of winning the lottery.
>
> An examination of the headers will reveal the IP address of the
> offending computer.  If you haven't already (that's how you figured
> telefonica.es?),

Of course

> you can find out who owns the IP.  If you have, you now
> understand exactly what you can expect from the ISP, or any ISP, for
> that matter.

Most ISPs do react to virus reports.

> You have very little choice but to ignore it.  If it will help you, put
> the IP address into an email filter, which will move the virused
> messages to the trash.

PLEASE, unless you meet the criteria  (ISP is telegfonica.es AND all of the email addresses listed on your computer),  no more emails.

-John