JOHNSON WHITEFACE

Bob Peters rwpeters at SWBELL.NET
Fri May 26 20:37:41 EDT 2006

	Ok guys get ready to say crazy but I just purchased a Johnson
Whiteface that is NOS Brand new in the box. It actually is in the
Johnson Box along with all original paperwork including the how to get a
license, and we gripe about Vanity Pay Licensee. Back in 1964 it cost
$8.00 to get a class D call sign. It even has the stick on Call Sign
plate. The mike is still wrapped in plastic.  Now what am I going to do
with it...CB  Nooo can not bring myself to put an antenna on it and pick
up the mike !!!  CONVERT it to 10 meters... YEP will do and need some
help...Xtals no problem from Peterson.. Any one out there that has the
conversion for it???  HELP PLEASE...Also what are the best AM Fqs to put
it on 10 meters??? Are there any mods that any of ya all remember???

I am going to get a pix and all the documentation up on my web site
soon.
I know that 10 does open and that there is activity..  Thanks guys and
just call me crazy!!!

Oh By the way it came with the Johnson Radio checker upper...  Dummy
load, Mod Monitor, Field strength, SWR.. Not 100% new but almost. Paid
way too much but this was my 1st CB in the 60's.

Best 73's

Bob W1PE