JOHNSON WHITEFACE

Ron Lawrence KC4YOY kc4yoy at CAROLINA.RR.COM
Sat May 27 15:57:48 EDT 2006

IF this was just a normal one of thousands Whiteface Johnson
I would agree completely.
BUT, an unmodified NOS example in the original box is something that's
hardly ever seen anymore. No it's not the first CB, but it is most likely
the most recognizable of the early CBs and it was a "real"
radio, Johnson built 10 meter versions of it and commercial versions. To
find one that has not had the "golden screwdriver" put to it, or any other
mods is rare.
I have a really nice example of one that I would be happy to trade for this
NOS unit.
One day no one will be able to know what they looked like before
they were modified. It may not matter to you, but it does matter to some of
us.
We need to preserve history whenever we get the chance.

It does matter.

73, Ron kc4yoy

Radio Collection Web Page,
http://www.radioheaven.homestead.com