JOHNSON WHITEFACE

Richard Arland, K7SZ richard.arland at VERIZON.NET
Sat May 27 16:53:42 EDT 2006

Man, Pete:

I hate it when you sugarcoat your feelings!!

Actually, I feel quite the same way. Unless its going to the Smithsonian,
the AWA, or the ARRL or some recognized museum what's the point? There are a
bunch of folks out there that hve HUGE collections of ham radios, CB radios,
Vibroplex bugs, telegraph equipment, whatever.....outside of a few people
who drop by the collector's home or ofice, NOBODY knows that there is a
collection of "whatever" on display. Apparently this "collection affliction"
satisifies some egocentric drive that happens to many of us as we hit the
age/timeframe when we have much more disposable income than common sense. I
love the excuse, "I never had the money when I was in high
school/college/grad school (whatever) to get one of these rigs and now that
I earn seven figures a year I can afford to collect them!" OK, go
ahead....have fun. But the fact remains that you can only use ONE radio at a
time.

I have two Whitefaces I will trade for that new-in-the-box-NOS one: one of
my Whitefaces is working and the other one is for parts. I would like a
working, unmodified Whiteface to put on 10 M AM (an easily revrsed mod).

Now if you all will excuse me, I have to go dust my eclectic collection of
Barbie and Ken dolls that I have bent into obscene poses and had them
bronzed.....to each his/her/its own.

73 Rich K7SZ

PS: No flames intended....no personal attacks intended....Just the lack of
meds and the fact that the buckles on the straight jacket worked loose!