Value od Wireless Set 19's?

kd4e kd4e at VERIZON.NET
Sun Nov 26 23:50:06 EST 2006

Need your help for a fellow Ham.

He has 2 complete Wireless Set 19s.  One has never been operated, the
other was used by his father briefly during the 60s.   They were
manufactured in 1944, purchased by his father at the end of WW2.  Both
sets have mounting brackets, spare tubes, power supplies, cables and
headsets for a tank crew.

He has no idea as to value and I have advised him to not sell until
I could help him to determine fair value.  He has already been rushed
by the usual buy-low sell-high predators.

I found this Canadian site with suggested values but it is undated:
http://www.qsl.net/ve3bdb/19setprices.html

It appears to me that he has at least $1,000. worth of gear,
possibly much more.

He sent me some pictures that I can forward to anyone who can
help him.  The unused one is pristine, a joy to view.

WDYT?

--

Thanks! & 73,
doc, KD4E