40 Meter Novice Band circa 1965

Robert Lawson W4Rl w4rl at BELLSOUTH.NET
Tue Oct 10 15:29:07 EDT 2006

Hi Fellas,

Anyone remember the frequency range for the 40 meter novice band in 1965?  I found an old Texas crystal with the yellow and red paper sticker marked 7175 KC.   I think it is only one I had on 40 meters as a novice being that my high school budget was a max of 2 figures.  BTW, I wonder where Texas Crystal got all those FT243 cases.  Military surplus ?  And yep, I am fortunate to still have my original straight key.  Can't beat this hobby with a stick, can we.  What good memories.

Regards,

Robert W4RL Pensacola Fl