FS: For parts or restoration: Hammarlund HQ-150 and Viking II Transmitter.

Bob and Bettina Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Mon Oct 16 00:15:40 EDT 2006

Getting ready for a local hamfest here next Saturday and here are 2 more radios
that I thought I would offer on the list before I trot them out to the hamfest.
These both are missing parts, etc and are only candidates for restoration
(maybe) or for parts themselves.

These are both bears to ship so I really, really would like to find a buyer who
will pick them up. I will ship but you will have to pay the shipping charge plus
some extra for getting them packaged correctly.

No manuals and both are obviously 'as is, where is' - Will have pictures in a
day or so. Contact me directly via email if interested. Prices are only as
suggested - make offer up or down if you want - I can only say 'yes or no'!

Hammarlund HQ-150
Listed this one before but here goes again. No cabinet, Q-Multiplier missing,
100 kHz cal crystal and tube missing.  Also a few knobs. Otherwise seems to be
complete although the tuning knob slips. Thinking $50 but offers welcomed. Good
parts receiver but it would be a shame.

Johnson Viking II
No cabinet. Minus a few small tubes and one control and knob ('Fine Coupling'
whatever that is). Panel is flaking. This is a wonderful brute of a transmitter
that is very well built. Smooth controls and very heavy duty. Sigh. I would love
to see someone purchase this to restore it. Very heavy.

Basically I'm culling the herd and these are definitely surplus to my needs.
Pictures will be available via email if you want. They will be at the Grandview
hamfest (Kansas City, Missouri area) this Saturday along with a few other rigs.

73 de WA2CKY
Bob Groh
420 NE Sunview Circle
Blue Springs, MO 64014-2045