[Boatanchors] Sideband Engineers (SBE) Discussion List?

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 12 10:49:45 EDT 2006

On 9/10/06, Jim Simmons <orion at datasync.com> wrote:
> It's easy to 'splain to the XYL.  Tell her it's a need, just like she needs
> a new pair of shoes when she already has 36 pair in her closet...Surely she
> can understand that. Hi

...which begs the question: do other women accuse her of being sick, a
hoarder, or ?

I had a little redhead friend in California (same city as Phil,
Merced) who had 76 pairs of shoes when I was there. A few weeks later
I thought to ask her how many pairs she had now, just as a joke. She
was up to 81! And she was only in her 20s, can you imagine the
collection in another 15 years??

Women seem to be very accepting of this behavior as long as it's
something they can relate to. I think you have the right idea, Jim -
give them an analogy they can relate to, that they can't just dismiss
or explain away easily.

"Do you really *NEEED* another radio?"

"Do you really *NEEED* 50 pairs of shoes?"

Hehe, I like it! Of course, my YL only has a dozen pairs or less, so
it does me absolutely no good....

~ Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ