intelligence pool tap needed

Dennis Klipa klipad at MINDNET.ORG
Fri Dec 7 22:11:05 EST 2007

Phil,

Accoding to my TS940S service manual T2 and T3 in the RF unit are listed
as "Torodial" with a part number; L19-0324-05.  According to the schematic
of the RF Unit, they appear to be variable coupling transformers.  The
manual doesn't give any more specifications than that.  However, the manual
does say that T1, T2 and T3 are all the same part number, so if you were
brave enough to pull T1 from the board, you could measure its
characteristics.

With the part number you might be able to order replacements from the list
of distributors I found on the Kenwood web site at
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Support/Parts_Distributors/

If these tranformers are toasted, you should check Q9 and Q10 as well.  T3
couples them and T2 looks to be on the Gate of Q10.

That's the best I can do.
Dennis, N8ERF