SX28A

Comarow, Avery ACOMAROW at USNEWS.COM
Sat Feb 17 16:52:15 EST 2007

Gary,

Two terrific resources on SX-28 restoration:

www.antiqueradio.org/halli12.htm <http://www.antiqueradio.org/halli12.htm>

www.tuberadio.com/sx28/sx28.html <http://www.tuberadio.com/sx28/sx28.html>

Good luck!

Avery W3AVE

________________________________

From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List on behalf of GARY ELLIOT
Sent: Sat 2/17/2007 3:46 PM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: [BOATANCHORS-TEMPE] SX28A

Hello Group,

I am working on restoring a Hallicrafters SX28A and have no experience on this receiver and looking for some tips on where to start with this receiver.  After a good cleanup and checking of tubes it seems to work reasonably well on the BC band or first position on the Band Switch, good audio and plenty of signals are heard and all controls seems to work as they should.  When I switch to the next higher band I just hear noise and no signals, subsequent band changes going higher result in the same, just noise and no signals.  The antenna trimmer does not seem to make any difference in the noise.

Looking for some tips as to where to start and what to check with this receiver from somebody who has "Been There and Done That"  Thanks and appreciate any feed back or suggestions.

73 Gary K7OX