Hali SR-46

Ron Lawrence KC4YOY kc4yoy at CAROLINA.RR.COM
Mon Feb 19 11:23:33 EST 2007

I wonder if anyone in the group has experience with
a Hallicrafters SR-46 six meter AM transceiver?
I have a really nice one that I bought a couple of years
ago. It was just completely recapped and aligned.
It works great with crystal control, but when I use
the matching VFO it wants to FM a bit.
The VFO works fine otherwise, after it warms up
and stops drifting around.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?

73, Ron