Arc-5 B.C. Band query

FRED HOLNAGEL w7prv at TELEPORT.COM
Tue Feb 20 10:18:01 EST 2007

Dear list. I have a much hacked up ARC-5 broadcast band receiver, no cover, bottom. input power socket and all dynamoter fittings removed and an octal socket installed on the deck. There's more but....Query..Has anyone tried using the R.F. coils and I.F. cans in a lower or nexr higher band radio? In other words, are the tunung capacitors(variable) the same? I suppose a remove-replace of the variable might be an idea also. Thanks Fred W7PRV.