RADIO CW TEST - Before this goes to far

Harry Vaught, KT4AE kt4ae at BELLSOUTH.NET
Sun Feb 25 09:14:49 EST 2007

I was interested in ham radio as a teenager in the 50's, but a greater
interest in audio and automobiles dominated and I didn't get my license
until 1994.

I hope this discussion won't degenerate into the usual insulting
comments about those of us who didn't get licenses in the old days. I've
resigned from two other reflectors because the comments became so vile
that I couldn't imagine remaining a member of those communities.

I got my license under the rules in effect at the time as did everyone
else.  I feel much the same way about the new rules as many of you do
about the previous ones but I plead with you to keep the comments civil
and on the subject of the rules changes themselves and not get personal
about those who got licenses under different conditions.

Sincerely,

Harry Vaught, KT4AE
Maryville, Tennessee