160 Meter AM Question

David Hollander n7rk at COX.NET
Thu Jan 25 09:08:27 EST 2007

Hi Doc - I know Dentron made a transverter but don't recall any others.

I built a 160 transverter back in the mid 1970's and used it with a Swan
270. It was 5 tube unit with a 6146 final that was a combination of
handbook circuits and possibly some circuitry similar to the Dentron.
Worked very well. With a 65 foot vertical, made hundreds of QSO's with
all 50 stats plus a number of JA's and a few ZL's. Their is not a lot of
DX on 160 in the 1970's. I still have it out in the garage but have not
used it since around 1976 when it was replaced with a Signal One CX-7A.

I know Dentron made a transverter but don't recall any others.

73,

Dave N7RK
Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector