SPEAKERS F/S

Jack Taylor jack at N7OO.COM
Fri Jul 6 12:38:20 EDT 2007

Just a note of caution regarding old speakers.  I've had a number of them start to
experience failure of the foam surrounds.  It's a good idea to pull the fronts off
exposing the speakers and look for signs of cracks in the foam around the outer circle.

There are several outfits on the web that sell replacement kits, one or two even
provide a video describing the replacement process.  Basically one carefully
removes the old foam and glues on the replacement.

Jack - N7OO
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob Peters
  To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
  Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 9:07 AM
  Subject: [BOATANCHORS-TEMPE] SPEAKERS F/S

  I am posting this for a friend. These will truly make your BA Receivers
  sound like a million $$$$.
  Two Cabinets made by Magnavox in the early 70's. They are 4 feet wide by
  3 feet tall by 1.5 feet deep.
  Each enclosure has an amplifier built in along with three horns BIG BASE
  speakers and BIG midrange.
  They weigh about 100lbs each. They both work and sound great. Priced at
  $1200 for the pair. Must be picked up in FtWorth TX. If you are serious
  I have pictures. Do I wish that I had room.

  Thanks for reading guys...

  Very Best 73's
  Bob W1PE
  The Voice of Mesquite