Hallicrafters paint

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 9 17:14:51 EDT 2007

I just got the gray paint used on the HT-37, HT-41,
SX-111, S-107, etc. cabinets matched at
Sherwin-Williams.  The formula for 1 quart of acryllic
is as follows:

BAC Colorant    OZ  32  64  128

B1-Black         -  21   -    -
N1-Raw Umber     -  21   -    -
Y3-Deep Gold     -   5   -    -
W1-White         -  12   -    -

The starting paint is Deep Base 6405-13974.  I use
"satin finish" because that usually comes out the
closest to the original paint used by the "boat
anchor" manufacturers.

The price from my Sherwin-Williams store was $11.49.
Of course sales tax is going to increase this.  You do
need some sort of spray rig to use this type of paint
unless your store happens to be one that can "load"
spray paint cans.  If so, then that will add to the
cost.

1 quart is the minimum size that most paint stores
will custom mix.

Other brands of paint can usually work from the
Sherwin-Williams formula without any problem.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222