[Boatanchors] Johnson Viking II Audio Mod Question

Bob Peters rwpeters at SWBELL.NET
Tue Jul 10 12:50:22 EDT 2007

Hi all ...My Viking II has outboard audio all the way and sounds great
on the air from what I am told.
I am using a Hammond Transformer #812 into the grids of the modulator. I
ten feed the 600 ohm input with a Mixer that has a parametric EQ in it.
You can also use the cheap Behrenger mixer...I also have a Comp/Limiter
to limit my negative peaks...I have about 115% positive and 95%
Negative...

Very Best 73's
Bob W1PE
The Voice of Mesquite
www.w1pe.com

"Money is only temporary, but radios are forever" - Jim Little aka "the
old dog"/K5BAI

-----Original Message-----
From: boatanchors-bounces at mailman.qth.net
[mailto:boatanchors-bounces at mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Al Parker
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 10:53 AM
To: Freeberg, Scott (STP); Boatanchors at mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Boatanchors] Johnson Viking II Audio Mod Question

Hi Scott,
    Jusst sent you a .jpg from the following website, that might be it:
http://www.w8ji.com/Johnson%20audio%20mods.htm
    I googled & found a lot of different articles last Spring when I did
my
Viking 1.  I didn't change tubes, but did replace almost every
component,
incl. interstage xfmr, and put regulation in there.  Will search up that

skem if you're interested, I like it, get good reports, close to 100%
modulation.
73,
Al, W8UT
New Bern, NC