Heathcritters: a IP-23 400V regulated DC supply

Richard Post postr at OHIOU.EDU
Wed Jul 11 01:05:03 EDT 2007

An excellent buy, Rich assuming it was an IP-32 400V regulated DC
supply.  The 6L6GC pair in the IP-32 are worth what you paid all by
themselves.

The IP-32 and the near identical PS-4 and the low-profile IP-17  are
some of the handiest pieces of BA test gear on my bench.  The circuit
is identical or nearly so in all three.

Pix of the three are at the bottom of my Kepco 605 page.

http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/bapix/Kepco605.htm

The high-value resistors around the 6U8 control tube tend to drift a
bit.  Not a problem unless the high and low pots can no longer make
up the difference.  There is also a cap on that tube that upsets the
stage if it is a bit leaky.  Clean the pots, the main voltage
control, the three position AC switch and the sockets for the 6X4 and
6U8 with deoxit or equivalent.  (And be careful in there, the
negative 6X4 supply and the positive supplies add up to about 1000
volts.)

Manual is on BAMA.  I use mine to reform caps, power Transoceanics
with DC for testing, etc, etc, etc.  Often use a 50 mA night light in
series for visible fuse.

73 de Rich KB8TAD