NC-183D anomoly?

Bob W5EUQ w5euq at VERIZON.NET
Mon Jun 25 20:24:35 EDT 2007

The color is more like the NC173 receiver than the NC183D.  I'd guess
that it is an early "rack mount" version of the darker colored NC183D.
I had the 183D for my receiver in 1956 or 7... can't remember.  But it
was a great receiver and it DID work on 6 meters.  HOWEVER, I built a 6
meter converter and it did work better.... HI.
I had an RME45 before that, and an NC125 National and before that an
S38B Hallicrafters. The NC183D served me well until 1964.  Got a Drake
TR3 then and a Drake 2B.

Have fun with the wrong color NC183D... actually, I'd guess that it
might be an NC183R......

Bob  W5EUQ  Tampa