Gentlemen, Start your engines - file comments now!

Bry Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Wed Mar 28 07:59:06 EDT 2007

L.M. Picard writes:

> Isn't the idea of a commercial purpose totally inconsistent with AMATEUR
> radio.   E-mail links belong on the _utility bands_ with type-approved
> equipment aimed at no qualifications appliance operators.

Yes you are exactly right, but the vast majority of radio
amateurs have not kept up with what the ARRL and FCC
have been cooking up in the back rooms over the past 3-4 years
to give away our HF bands to a tiny group of irresponsible
digital mode operatorswho use unattended robot stations
on our bands to circumvent the cost of commercial internet service.

We really need to educate ourselves and take action.
Otherwise these people whose behavior can best be described
as "beyond deleterious" to amateur radio will continue to
erode things in leaps and bounds. We need a clean sweep
in Newington and Washington, DC. Otherwise it is going
to be VERY difficult indeed to stop this lunacy.

For more detailed information see:

http://www.zerobeat.net/bandgrab.shtml

http://www.zerobeat.net/bandplan-dissent.html

http://www.eham.net/articles/12335

http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=3&t=72455

The gods of Newington had their insane proposal for
"regulation by bandwidth of signals" (which was just another
round in this battle) and it was WIDELY rejected by the
VAST majority of radio amateurs,  thank God.  Now they
are trying to save face, by withdrawing the proposal, but at
the same time still claiming that it was "right!"

The arrogance is only matched by the stupidity of it all.

If you would like to help, contact Skip Teller KH6TY...