[Johnson] Re: THE VIKING II AND FRIED HAM

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sat Mar 31 00:13:07 EDT 2007

When I replace the "suicide plugs" on equipment I
usually just put one of the plastic horizontal mount
fuse holders (still available even from Radio Shack)
somewhere on the underside of the chassis as close to
the entry point of the new 3-wire cord as possible.
often I can find an existing machine screw (insert a
slightly longer one in place of the existing screw) or
else drill a small hole.

Since fuses don't blow without reason if it does blow
I have to take the unit out of the cabinet anyway.
That way the "modification" is not visible from the
outside yet the safety of the 3-wire cord is obtained.

Glen, K9STH

--- Dave Maples <dsmaples at comcast.net> wrote:

I was able to tuck the fuseholder through the chassis
right behind one of the transformers, and switch out
the 2-wire cord for a 3-wire cord.  Now I don't have
issues around the fused plug, etc.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html