Shipping older radios & insurance claims

RAY FRIESS rayfrijr at MSN.COM
Sun Nov 25 11:04:51 EST 2007

Same experience here.  I may begin refusing shipment to Canada by USPS too because I have come to believe that USPS and Customs are as bad as UPS when it comes to using packages as footballs and basketballs.  I have never had problems shipping with FedEx and their prices, for a given destination and weight, have usually been cheaper than USPS.
Ray  WA7ITZ
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: kd4e<mailto:doc at KD4E.COM>
  To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV<mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
  Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2007 8:11 AM
  Subject: Re: Shipping older radios & insurance claims

  USPS, in my experience, is by far the slowest responding
  and has the most layers of bureaucracy of any of the
  shippers.

  It can take 6 months or longer to reach a decision. A
  typical result of government involvement in anything.

  BTW: USPS recently modified their "Large Package" pricing
  so that now anything over 12x12x12 is hit with an extra
  premium.  It used to require "over 84" of girth.

  --

  Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
  Personal: http://bibleseven.com/kd4e.html<http://bibleseven.com/kd4e.html>

  To post - BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV<mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
  Archives - http://listserv.tempe.gov/archives/BOATANCHORS.html<http://listserv.tempegov/archives/BOATANCHORS.html>