Shipping older radios & insurance claims

L.G. Robertson digital-conjurers at ROADRUNNER.COM
Wed Nov 28 13:27:45 EST 2007

It isn't just antiques; read it again...:

"4. Antiques, _or any commodity_ that exhibits the style or fashion of a
past era, etc" [BTW, The term "Antique" has been through a lot in the past
decades; among car buffs, it's 25 years; among antique dealers, it used to
mean _anything_ older than 100 years.  Now it's down to 50, among some
dealers.  At dictionary.com they define "antique" (among other defs) as:

"8. Any work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or the like,
created or produced in a former period, or, according to U.S. customs laws,
100 years before date of purchase."]

This is why I avoid the use of the word "antique" when referring to old
radios, preferring "vintage" instead.

Back to the Fine Print: "...or any commodity that recalls, etc"; This is so
broad you could drive a truck through it, but, again, this is FedEx's
handbook, not mine. Better to ship though a shipper that doesn't have this
sort of convoluted series of "outs" that looks like it was written by the
Torts Law Faculty at Harvard.

There's an old (50+ years) article that lists the terms and conditions on
the back of a 1930's shipper waybill...if you think the above is bad, well,
I'll make it a separate post.  it's a hoot.

-Lin/KJ6EF