Pictures for S40B

Robert Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Fri Nov 30 17:32:38 EST 2007

Got flooded with requests for pictures of the S-40B so I have loaded them on the web in a Picassa album. For those of you who are interested, please take a look at the following site:

http://picasaweb.google.com/bob.groh/Ham_Parts

and scope them out. The whole receiver is a bit heavier than I figured on so I need to go off and re-compute the shipping charges. As I said, the receiver looks like a good restoration candidate - most the knobs are either busted or missing. It is dirty and the cabinet absolutely needs to be refinished but it has most of the tubes, it is essentially complete and even has a good speaker!  I have done nothing to it other than get the knobs off and take the front panel off (that was quite a job all by itself). Ready for someone to refinish the cabinet, spiff up the chassis, replace capacitors and get it up and going.

So take a look and I'll go off and double check my shipping charges.

73
Bob, WA2CKY