RME 69

Hans Sparreboom hsparre at TELUSPLANET.NET
Thu Oct 4 21:24:41 EDT 2007

I recently bought the above radio on eBay from someone with a 100%
positive feedback rating.
Unfortunately I have had two "oldtimers" trying unsuccessfully to
make this radio work for me. One of these men was an electronics
instructor at a College. I am not a HAM, just a SWL-er, so I am not
all that technically inclined.
Apparently the 465 kHz IF transformer is shot. Does anyone have one
of these or knows of someone who does? I'm also told that it is very
difficult to access and replace this transformer.
Here are a few pictures showing some of the work that has been done.
Thanks for your help.
Hans