[FLBOATANCHORS] Re: One Man's Attempt To Save Morse Code

kd4e doc at KD4E.COM
Wed Oct 10 12:01:27 EDT 2007

 > Bry Carling wrote:
>> There are also *questions* about CW - the unique CW "proficiency test"
>> was (and is) *less* necessary than a test of proficiency with a scope
>
> Pffft, yeah and we ALL use a scope, right?
> C'maaaaaan!
> :-)

The FCC *mandates* we *know* that our TX output meets FCC
standards for spectral purity.

Amateur Radio is a self-policing hobby.

Guess what two minimal tools *every* Ham *should* own and
use regularly to meet FCC *mandates*?

A scope and a dummy load.

Guess how many own, let alone use them?

And we criticize CBers as scofflaws while we fuss that
the FCC no longer mandates CW?

"Render unto Caesar ..."

Isn't it funny how we selectively view things? I am not
pointing fingers, I make the same errors in my life.

I am not sure we are getting anywhere with this other
than aggravating list members - and confusing several
lists who are only getting half of the conversation
(I am not subscribed to several of the cc'd lists).

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Personal: http://bibleseven.com/kd4e.html