Heathkit Apache TX-1

Michael Waldrop w5rkl at YAHOO.COM
Sat Sep 8 14:34:31 EDT 2007

I agree with you Glenn. The purpose of the ending paragraph was to simply
point out the 48 year old Apache was working as Heath's manual states.

I do not run my Apache at the levels Heath's manual states except for the
50ma modulator and final amplifier's idle current. I run it much lower and
as you said the receiving end normally doesn't know the difference. Heat is
reduced which is also a contributing factor to lengthing the life of the
tubes.

73's
Mike W5RKL