INTERNATIONAL CRYSTAL VFA-1 PREAMPLIFIER

Alex [Temple Boatanchors] temple.boatanchors1 at MIWWW.COM
Sun Sep 9 17:50:05 EDT 2007

At 03:26 PM 9/9/2007, you wrote:
>I have a INTERNATIONAL CRYSTAL VFA-1 PREAMPLIFIER and am trying to
>find someone out there that can shed some light about the specs of
>this preamp and also a copy of the Manual and schematic would really
>be appreciated...Any one out there have a manual and info about this
>preamp....Thanks Chris

Hi Chris,

According to advertisement of International Crystal in the 1962
Electronic Experimenters Handbook (page 8), they state that the VFA-1
was a Cascode Amplifier, available for 2 meters or 6 meters. Mounts
in standard 3" x 2" x 5" minibox. Power 250 vdc @ 10 to 15 ma, 6.3
vac @ 400 ma. Tube 6BQ7A.

50 mc Kit with tube.
Cat 300-173 .......... $4.95
50 mc Wired with tube.
Cat 300-120 .......... $8.95
144 mc Kit with tube.
Cat 300-174 .......... $4.95
144 mc Wired with tube.
Cat 300-121 .......... $8.95

That is about all I've got. If you like I can scan the whole ad for you.

-Alex