Big electronics warehouse liquidation in Columbia, SC

Meir WF2U wf2u at STARBAND.NET
Fri Sep 14 22:14:47 EDT 2007

Group,

A friend of mine,  Jon K1VVC, asked me to forward the following message to
the list:

Folks,

An entire warehouse in West Columbia SC, full of electronic parts,
equipment, tools, test equipment,
and literature needs to get cleaned out, and you're invited to help.
Bring cash and a truck to the site on Saturday, October 13, 8:30AM - 3PM,
and
be prepared to dig!   Prices will  LOW, and  negotiated on the spot, because
the new owners mainly want this stuff GONE.

An elderly radio engineer has been stashing stuff in this warehouse for
about
40 years, and he's been a busy guy!   His jobs included hardware store owner
and
broadcast station engineer, among others, as you'll see.   The warehouse has
approximately
4,000 square feet of floor space, and is absolutely crammed, floor to
ceiling with:

* Electronic parts of all descriptions, many brand new/unused.
* Tons of hardware, literally: (nuts, bolts, washers, electronic-specific),
mostly new/unused.
* Many hand and some power tools.
* Product literature, reference, and technical books.
* Test equipment, mainly vacuum-tube era, but some newer.
* Broadcast equipment--tape players, monitors, speakers, etc.
*TWO AM BROADCAST TRANSMITTERS: ONE WESTERN ELECTRIC,  ONE GATES

MOST OF THESE ITEMS HAVE NOT SEEN THE LIGHT OF DAY FOR 40 YEARS!

The site is pretty filthy, so wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty, and
bring a face mask, if you're sensitive to dust.   Lighting is iffy, so bring
flashlight to poke into those dark corners, and bring boxes to put stuff in.
There are no bathroom facilities or drink machines, so plan accordingly.

There's a google map to the site at:

Address:
414-1/2 Center Street,
West Columbia, SC 29169

It's about 1/2 mile past the Gervais Street bridge. In the parking lot
behind New Brookland Tavern.

Questions?   Email

Jon (K1VVC)    HYPERLINK "mailto:radiojunkyard at aol.com" \o
"mailto:radiojunkyard at aol.com" radiojunkyard at aol.com

73, Jon and John

P.S.:   Usual disclaimer:   I have no  financial interest in this sale..
I'd just like to help put buyers and sellers together for some great deals,
and
keep some rare electronics from the dumpster.

5:22 PM