75S-1 CW Filter Suggestions

Steve stever2k at MCHSI.COM
Wed Sep 19 13:58:57 EDT 2007

Does anyone know what CW filters will work in a Collins 75S-1?  Will any
Mechanical Filter designed for 455 KHZ work  as long as it can be mounted?
Is the center freq of the filter exactly 455 Khz?  I picked up a very nice
75S-1 and it has no CW filter in and I miss not having one and thought I
might try and find something suitable that will work..

Does the filter have to be a Mechanical filter in order to have the right
input and output impedances or could I possibly use a crystal filter with
the right matching network?

Steve NU0P