10/11 meter amps-my 2cents

Bill kk4xi at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 19 19:56:32 EDT 2007

Hi Y'all,
Before this gets into a big rf gunfight at the FCC coral :-) I believe the majority of the hams on this "BOATANCHOR" list have been hams for a little while. Me? Only for 40 or so years. My point is that all this back and forth about 10/11 meter amps and their possible problems is being preached to the choir.

It really boils down to us ol timers to help and assist the new guys coming along and keeping our hobby from being sold to the highest commercial bidder. How soon will we see on ebay "For Sale - 350kcs of the best world wide communications spectrum available almost day and night - 14.0 to 14.35 Mhz- NR"

If you know of a new ham using a spurious filled amp on 10m or planning to then help him check it to see if it is okay. If it is not, help them to correct it and they will probably learn more from that lesson then at anytime in their learning experience of ham radio. IT WAS NOT BORING! And it was one on one.

Also help them stop saying "Q" signals on voice, get them interested in emergency disasters to assist when it all goes down, teach them direction finding to get the nerds, etc. etc.

It is us ol farts here on this listserv that need to help the new ones come along. That is how I got involved and I was only 10 at the time but could not find  an Elmer until I was 15.

That is my 2 cents, well maybe 1 1/2 but take it for what it is worth.
God bless and y'all have a happy forever.
73 es GLITC,
Bill
KK4XI